Wednesday, October 24, 2012
Did I mention it's an open book test? Check out the Florida Museum of Natural History's digital historic type collection. All types and variants can be looked up for comparison.
Usual Suspects (from Deagan 1987):
- Yayal Blue on White 1490-1625
- Santo Domingo Blue on White 1550-1630
- Santa Elena Blue on White 1500-1600
- Fig Springs/San Juan Polychrome 1580-1650
- Ligurian Blue on White 1550-1600
- San Luis Blue on White 1580-1650
- Ichtucknee Blue on White 1600-1650
- Huejotzingo Blue on White 1700-1850
- Puebla Blue on White 1700-1850
- San Agustin Blue on White 1700-1730
Responder with the most correct will get a copy of the Division of Historical Resources Spanish Colonial Heritage Trail publication and a Rite in the Rain field book!
Photo: Sarah Miller, FPAN staff taken at Flagler College library with materials on loan from Florida Museum of Natural History at University of Florida
Text: Sarah Miller, FPAN staff
Deagan, Kathleen. Artifacts of the Spanish Colonies of Florida and the Caribbean, 1500-1800. Volume 2: Portable Personal Possessions. Gainesville: University Press of Florida, 1987.