On January 29, we hit the road for Tallahassee to participate in the 2018 Archaeology Day at the Capitol. The event aimed to raise awareness of Florida's archaeological resources with legislators, staffers and anyone else passing through the Capitol!
Archaeologists from throughout Florida set up tables in the lobby of the Capitol building with activities, artifact displays and information on the many sites across the state. Visitors could also learn about how they could get involved with archaeology, from volunteering on a local excavation to touring sites on public lands.
Thanks to our participating organizations:
- University of West Florida
- Florida State Park
- Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission
- Trail of Florida's Indian Heritage
- Florida Division of Historic Resources
- Florida State University
- St. Augustine Lighthouse Archaeological Maritime Program