Welcome UCF Intern George!


Hello, my name is George Oakley. I am starting my internship with FPAN’s East Central region. I am currently in my final year at the University of Central Florida. My Major is History with a minor in archaeology. After this year I plan to continue my studies and gain an M.A. in Public History.
 Previously to working with FPAN, I was enrolled in an archaeology field school through Rollins College. It was an intense month long program that left me sunburned and exhausted, but it is an experience I will never forget. Through that field school is how I heard about FPAN and their volunteering. Volunteering at FPAN not only allows me to earn credits toward my degree, but it also allows me to work hands on and gain experience in a field I want to learn more about. Because I receive credit through UCF for this Internship, I am required to write my first ever blog! Check it out at https://geoakley.home.blog/


Text by George Oakley Photo by Emma Dietrich