Meet Seth! EC's Newest "Intern"

Welcome Seth to the East Central office!

First day in the office!

Seth is a service learning student at Valencia College in Orlando. He is interested in maritime archaeology and after attending Valencia College's Archaeology Day he made the connections to make this service learning project work and to get some more experience. 
But, lets let Seth do the introductions!


"Hello, my name is Seth Willoughby and I am currently a volunteer for FPAN’s East Central region. 
Admittedly I do not have very much experience with Archaeology seeing as I am still in school. At the moment I am attending my last semester required in my associate degree at Valencia college in Orlando. Though I have little experience, I do hope to be an archaeologist in the future, it has been my dream since I was 3 years old.  Once finished at Valencia I will hopefully transfer to the University of West Florida to get my BA in maritime and/or classical archaeology.

  The reason I chose to volunteer for the Florida Public Archaeology Network is so that I can garner as much experience in the field I hope to spend my life in before I spend the next 2 years earning my degree. To me Volunteering for FPAN is the first real step I’ve taken towards learning what the rest of my life will be like, and I cannot be happier about being a part of the team."

Check back for more blog posts about Seth's time with FPAN and to see what he has learned.


All photos by Outreach Staff