Meet Ellie! FPAN East Central's Intern.



Hi! My name is Ellie Minette. I’m a junior at Rollins college majoring in Anthropology with a minor in Archaeology. I am also a volunteer for FPAN’s East Central region! 

I have always loved archaeology and public outreach, so being able to intern with FPAN is a dream come true. I am currently working on making digital models of many artifacts in the Rollins College collection (https://sketchfab.com/rollins_archaeology)

These models can be used in many educational and recreational settings. I hope to be able to digitalize the key artifacts in Rollins’ collections for future generations to use. In the past year, we have all seen how important virtual resources are. 

I am excited to explore a new side of archaeology that doesn’t require 8 hours in the Florida sun (though I love that side too). I am about to write a thesis on the uses of digital archaeology in public outreach, specifically in regards to museums, educators, and private collectors. This internship has given me all the tools I need to write a full and successful analysis. More than that though, interning with FPAN has shown me that a career in public archaeology is something that I definitely want to pursue! 



 FPAN's Sketchfab account will also host material made by Ellie and Emma throughout Ellie's internship.